Friday, June 12, 2009

while distracting yourself

If pondering the impossibilities of futures for the futureless, I hope you too, have stumbled on the idealized greatness of Kim Gordon.

A beacon of style, grit and talent – Gordon makes those of us who never wanted the trappings of the traditional dream think ‘what if….’

If I wake up, at 50, to find myself beside the better half of one of the most seminal rock bands of our time, clad in my own stunning clothing line, staring at Brooklyn-raised well-spoken pixies of children and suddenly acquire a set of killer legs under the covers, I think I’d be happy. So, to summarize. If I start a band, marry the hot/talented guitarist, define a generation of female musicians, create my own clothing line, paint/create in my free time, move to Brooklyn, start a charity and stave off the aging process –

I might settle down.

So, there, I said it.


Also. why is that every time something amazing is set to happen outside, it fucking rains? It’s like Toronto doesn’t want us to get too big for our britches. Ooh, you want to watch a vintage German horror movie outside under the stars set to the live musical score of Final Fantasy, for free?? Alright. Here’s a torrential downpour. Enjoy your drinks at Woo.
f. Toronto, why you gotta be like that?
If it rains for the next Drake Drive In, I’m shipping out.

No comments: