Thursday, November 27, 2008

In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different "kind"

Thursday.
I slept in.
Every evening of resolute determination to get up and get in early and be amazing- crashes to earth like an Albertan meteorite at the blaze of my alarm. Today, I blame Bon Iver, no one can wake up to skinny love, it’s too peaceful and perfect.

Oh, but the penalty of such behavior? THE SUBWAY.

Here’s the thing. I love walking. LOVE it. I love the city in the morning, I love listening to music, daydreaming, Manic coffee, scarfs, hats and... walking.
And the Subway is crowded and men smell my hair (ok, one time.) and there’s touching and I don’t like touching.

And another (3)thing(s):
1.Sunglasses. Inside subway cars. Probably the most unnecessary thing ever. Oooh you have a hangover? And TV told you that sunglasses will help? Bullshit. Orrrr you’re a ‘yo, bra, seriously, bra’ kind of guy. Either way, take off your stupid sunglasses douchebag.

2.Short people. Ok, I’m not that tall but I’m tall enough to know tall people have resided to that fact that we get in people’s way a lot so we are pretty courteous about letting people ‘go first’. Short people are pushy like nobody’s business on the subway.

3. Pervy TTC guys. I think ‘learing’ and ‘smirking’ are career prerequisites for those dudes that stick their over-coiffed heads out of the windows and snear at you as you dash for the doors. Or better yet, miss the doors and they smirk even more. Awesome.

At least there’s the sweet sounds and cuteness that is Ohbijou and a lovely friends reunion tonight to save the day.

Oh, and tomorrow’s Friday.

No comments: